Basil Cream Chicken is one of our families favorite recipes. I enjoy making it and everyone, especially my husband enjoys it. It is fairly easy to make too which is nice.
The recipe for this delightful dish is:
Basil Cream Chicken
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs ( I like Progresso Italian)
- 4 chicken breast halves, cut into smaller pieces to ensure it is cooked through)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (not whipped)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peppers (from jar is great)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl. Put seasoned bread crumbs in another bowl.
Melt butter in a large stainless steel saucepan
Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown turning once over medium high heat, until juices run clear.
Transfer the chicken to a glass dish and keep them warm (I usually have the oven temperature at 275F until the rest of the meal is finished.
Add chicken broth and loosen browned bits from the pan with a whisk.
Add your heavy cream and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute.
Add parmesan cheese
and chopped basil and roasted peppers
Heat just until heated through and season with black pepper.
Transfer the warm chicken breast halves to a platter
Ladle sauce over the chicken.
I serve this with cooked pasta and serve extra basil cream sauce for the pasta and top with additional parmesan cheese. Add a green salad and you have a meal. Add garlic bread and you have a feast!