Here is another favorite recipe using the Konriko brand Creole Seasoning. (See post about Konriko Creole Seasoning under Products). Sorry I don’t have any pictures of it, but it is a snap to make and assemble. I got the original recipe from the Taste of Home sister magazine: Quick Cooking. I’ve made some changes to suit our personal taste. My kids love this one too and I do lighten the seasoning on their chicken — sprinkle to taste. It would be a great sandwich for a picnic in the park too!
Cajun Chicken Club Sandwich
- 4-8 Chicken breast tenders, boneless skinless
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning — to 1 tsp (Konriko Brand Creole Seasoning is great!)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup Creamy Parmesan Dressing (I like Marie’s brand Ceasar Dressing)
- 4 French rolls, split and toasted
- 8 slices Tomato
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked crisp
Flatten the chicken to 3/8 inch thickness; sprinkle with Cajun/Creole seasoning. In a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Place cheese over chicken. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
Spread dressing on toasted bread halves. Layer bottom halves with two slices of tomato each. Then place chicken on top, followed by crisp bacon; replace tops and enjoy.