I was looking through a recent Cuisine at Home and came across this beautiful display. Ribbons of Zucchini and Carrots. They called it Vegetable Melange. Sounds fancy. One hazard of making this is that you almost slice your fingers with the vegetable peeler. Use a mandolin if you have one.
Makes 2 servings but can easily be doubled or tripled
Total prep time 20 minutes.
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (I used salted)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh parsley (optional)
- salt to taste
- Shave carrots and zucchini into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add vegetable ribbons, cover with a tight fitting lid, and cook until vegetables are tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Off heat, add parsley and salt
Source: Cuisine at Home’s Cuisine for Two page 11 Copyright 2010 August Home Publishing