I love this savory Meat Pie. It is another recipe I originally got early in my marriage. It is a pie filled with a wonderful blend of vegetables, meat and soups for seasoning that we enjoy (yes, even my children). Serve with a nice fresh garden salad to round out the meal. Yum!
Tasty Meat Pie
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 can Campbells’ Beef with Vegetable and Barley Soup
- 1 can Campbells’ Golden Mushroom Soup
- 3 med Potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium Carrots, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 Pillsbury double Pie Crust
- In a large pan, cook the ground beef and chopped onion in a little olive oil, until the ground beef is no longer pink. Drain off the liquids.
- Add the two condensed soups and carrots and potatoes and seasonings to the meat mixture. Cook covered over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch pie dish (deep dish if you have one) with one of the pie crusts.
- Pour meat filling into the prepared pie dish.
- Cover the pie with second pie crust, cutting slits in the crust to vent. Crimp the outer edge of the pie to seal.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.