One of our stand by recipes is Beef Stroganoff. This is a recipe that comes together quickly and with ingredients that I usually have on hand. Today I made it slightly different from other times. I could not locate my recipe book so I tried to make it from memory and it turned out even better than usual. I think it is the garlic! It was so good that my family practically licked the pan I made the Stroganoff in. Serve over cooked pasta.
Beef Stroganoff – goodcookbecky
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 oz – 8 oz white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 jar Beef Gravy (I like Heinz brand)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain the fat.
- Add minced garlic and cook until aromatic. Add green onions and mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef gravy and sour cream and stir until combined. Heat through and serve over cooked pasta.