Here is my favorite egg casserole to bring to functions. It morphed from a quiche recipe into just an egg casserole without a crust. With a tweak here and there it became my own. I often make two casseroles, using up one package of the spinach between both.
Becky’s Egg Casserole
- 1/2 (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 (4 oz) Feta cheese (with seasonings and tomatoes works nicely)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package cooked breakfast sausages (pork or beef), cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, optional
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13x2″ baking dish with non stick spray. Layer the bottom of the casserole with the spinach, feta and cheddar cheese, cooked sausages, and mushrooms if desired.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Pour over the casserole and stir gently to make sure the ingredients combine some. Bake at 350F for 20-35 minutes. Check from time to time to ensure the eggs are cooked. Cover with foil and let stand about 10-15 minutes. Serve.