It is Memorial Day. For lunch we grilled hot dogs.. well actually we did it stove top, because our back yard is being taken over by thousands of angry bees, who have decided our house would make a rather nice home for them.. well, not if I can help it — we will be soon let them know that we don’t really want them squatting without paying rent. A friend suggested, I light the house on fire as smoke and lots of it calms bees down — good advice. He also told me to tell the firefighters to “buzz off” when they get here. Ah yes, with friends like this… anyway… there is always a cause for excitement at our home. We had lunch and I made salad.
Becky’s Veggie Salad
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into bite size chunks (remove the seeds if they are large)
- 1 package grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (I used a roasted red pepper Italian dressing that is quite yummy)
Combine the veggies and the dressing. Toss. Chill and serve.