I took advantage of the strawberry stand that is not far from my home again today. The one that has California grown giant strawberries. I grabbed my handy dandy bisquick mix and followed the recipe on the box for strawberry shortcakes. My children were all suspicious by now. What was Mommy up to? What was she making? Soon they also were up to their elbows in rinsing berries and cutting them. We had them for dinner!!! I think they are ready to crown me Mother of the Year! 🙂 Just in time for Mother’s Day too! LOL
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cup Original Bisquick Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- cool whip topping (optional) I used Reddi Whip
- Mix sliced strawberries with sugar and set aside.
- Stir Bisquick Mix, milk, 3 Tbsp sugar, and butter until a soft dough forms. Drop by 6-8 spoonfuls onto a un-greased baking sheet. (I used parchment paper for even less clean up!)
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 425F or until golden brown.
- Split warm shortcakes top with strawberries and place top of shortcakes on top with Whipped Cream.