Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, who can resist them? With Valentines Day coming up. Here is a favorite that I make several times a year. They also make beautiful presentations if you skewer them on bamboo skewers and present them like long stem roses.
The recipe is originally from allrecipes.com one of my favorite web-sites.
Don’t buy the overpriced chocolate dipped strawberries in the stores – they are so easy to make and delicious! Makes about 3 packages of strawberries. If you have chocolate left over use them to drizzle over cookies, or dip other fruit. Very good.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
1. Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries (washed and completely dried!).
2. In a double boiler (bowl over hot water in a pan), melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
3. Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool. (or in this case, I used cupcake papers and just put a berry in each. Enjoy.