This is one of my favorite dips. I found the recipe in a Schwan’s Catalog. Although, I don’t use Schwan’s products in this, it turns out great! This dip is particularly good with slices of a fresh crusty baguette.
Cheesy Sausage Dip-adapted from Schwan’s
Serves 10 appetizer portions
- 1 pckg. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 oz can green chilies, chopped, drained
- 1 cup chopped red peppers (or the roasted ones from a jar are also terrific in this)
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Creole Seasoning (Konriko Brand is great- see under Products Category)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
- To DIP: 1-2 loaves of french baguette or tortilla chips
Directions: Preheat oven to 400F. Saute and crumble the Italian Sausage until cooked and no longer pink. Add chilies and bell peppers, cooking 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, except green onions (and bread of course). Bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions or chives and serve with sliced bread or tortilla chips.