Here is another lovely salad that I made. I found this recipe in my America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook on page 74. I love most of the recipes that I have tried from America’s Test Kitchen. They are on TV on PBS as well.
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook pg 74
Serves 6 Calories: 180/serving
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half (I love Cherub brand cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and chopped into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the salad and gently toss the salad.